28 Oct What if my vest was being worn during a crash?
Here is the Crashed RideSafer Vest Protocol:
a. If the tether was used, Vest & Tether must be replaced.
b. If the Energy Absorbent Tether Anchor Loops or Extenders were used, all pieces must be replaced including vest.
c. If the lap/shoulder belt was used vest must be replaced if ANY of the following occurred:
- There was injury to any of the occupants in the car
- If any of the airbags deployed
- If there was damage to the door next to the child
- If the car is not able to be driven away crash
- Any visible damage to the vest
As a certified child passenger restraint, the vest should be included in any insurance claim reimbursement. Contact us to determine your next step if you are in a crash while your RideSafer is being used.
To view more about the National Highway Traffic Safety Administrations policies on replacing any child restraint after a crash, click here.